Monday, October 01, 2007

Ablehnungsbescheid

Today, I received an ominously thin letter from the Freie Universität zu Berlin (FU). It was, in fact, a letter of rejection. The reason why I was not accepted is, as I understand it, that I did not provide proof that I can understand and communicate at a university level in German. I should have included papers showing that I passed a German language test.

When I think about it, my path is clear enough: find out more about the language test, and see about taking and passing it. I can then apply to the FU again, hopefully with better results.

It really does help to think concretely about what I can do, rather than feeling guilty for being ill-prepared and for lacking motivation and enterprise. I do feel guilty and pessimistic sometimes, but, needless to say, nothing constructive comes of such feelings. Quite the opposite, in fact.

So, here's to looking forward! \o/

1 Comments:

At 11:07 p.m., October 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting to know that the rejection letters from University are ominously thin. When you apply for a job or a grant, it is usually the other way round, because all the documents of an unsuccessful candidate have to be returned and all application materials of the successful candidates are retained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home