Sunday, June 25, 2006

Photo Pairs

First, since we will be moving away soon, here is a view of part of our property. After a snowfall in March:


And in summer:


In a way, it is unfortunate that we are leaving at this time of year, when everything is lush and green. Every time I look outside, I am reminded of the things I'll miss in Berlin: abundant foliage and wildlife, and the serenity of living in a relatively rural area. At least I'll have some photos to comfort me. :o)

The following two photos both depict the same large moth that landed on our screen door a week or two ago. This first photo was taken by my brother:


And this one was taken by me:


Fascinating, eh? :o) The moth looks like a sort of furry prehistoric beast with wings.

Finally, two photos of our orchard. During mowing:


And after mowing:


(The first photo of this pair was, again, taken by my brother.)


Note: All of the above photos are hosted by flickr and edited using Adobe Photoshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home